Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Off-Strip: Way Down East at Doc Holliday's

You get off 215 at Eastern, head south for a few more blocks, enter the Target shopping center, and find yourself at the Doc Holliday's at 9821 S. Eastern, sharing a building with La Cocina de Maribel. They're one of a chain of video poker bars, and I was there to use the $25 match play coupon in The Sunday. The charming hostess and her trainee (a fellow transplant from Colorado) explained how it works: You play $25 in the machine, and they give you another $25 to play with. I played $25 worth of hands, and right on cue, our hostess came up with $25 in cash, and fed it into the bill slot of my machine! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I felt obliged to play the $25 out and must sheepishly admit I left only $2.50 ahead, but it's still a heck of a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment