Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Knee-Deep in the Hoopla

Pop quiz, hot shot: What weekend did Vegas have its highest room occupancy rate last year? Survey says: March 22nd and March 23rd! The town was 98% full that weekend. Ah, it warms my heart to know all those people are coming to town to help me celebrate my birthday. (Hint. Hint.) Oh, apparently, there's also a March something-or-other...oh yeah, that NCAA Basketball thing. It's the biggest sports betting week of the year (THE SUNDAY's Case Keefer has what seems like pretty sound advice on that subject), and there are several venues hosting free viewing parties for the occasion, starting March 20 and running through Sunday, March 23...Hey! That's my birthday! The Gold Coast and The Orleans will feature prize giveaways, $1.50 hot dogs and $2 drafts. El Cortez will be holding its parties in the Fiesta Room, with $2 brats and dogs and $3 Buds. The D's viewings are in its 12th floor ballroom, featuring chances to earn another free t-shirt. The Stratosphere Theater is offering $9 pitchers of Bud and Bud Lite, live betting stations, blackjack tables...and free wi-fi (hmmm). I would be remiss if I did not add that the Fremont Street Experience will be celebrating with live entertainment featuring the Hardwood Honeys. You heard me.

No comments:

Post a Comment