Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm Gonna Keep On Lovin' You

The last time I saw REO Speedwagon live it was in my capacity as a roving music critic for the El Paso Times, the band was touring in support of the High Infidelity LP, and their opening act had just scored their first big hit on the Rocky III soundtrack. So, yeah, it's probably that time again. The Fremont Street Experience seems to be starting their free summer rock concert series a little early this year. Now, the last concert by a big-name artist I saw on Fremont Street was when Lady Antebellum gave a free show the weekend of the Country Music Awards. Fremont was wall-to-wall people, and there was quite the wait for the valet. I'm not saying the Speedwagon still has that kind of drawing power, but food for thought. I plan to show up early. I'm just sayin'. (REO Speedwagon, Fremont Street Experience, Saturday, March 8, 9 p.m. Free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment